Thursday, May 31, 2012

I've been waiting my whole life for this...

We all hope our waiting skills improve with age and experience at having to wait.  The fact is, we are always waiting on something.  When you are a child, you can't wait for school break, for vacation, for your birthday, for graduation, or to grow up.  As a young adult we eagerly await marriage, our first job, our first house, our first child.  As our kids grow, start school and activities, the pace of life gets faster and faster, so much that the years seem to fly by.  And yet, we hear ourselves say, "I can't wait until the kids graduate from school, and are on their own two feet.  Then I can slow down."  We "can't wait" for retirement, so we can stop working and relax.  And in our last days on earth, as aging bodies, pain and illness encumber us, we may even long for death, when it is time, at last, for our appointment with our Creator.  When it comes right down to it,  we are all in the waiting room.  We all have an appointment with God.  What are you waiting for???